Health & Safety - Policy Statement of Intent
It is a firm policy of Alsford Timber Ltd to take all reasonable steps to ensure safety, health and welfare at work of all its employees and any others who may be affected by its undertaking, in accordance with current legislation. The company will provide such information, instruction and training as is necessary to ensure that all its employees are aware of their own duties and responsibilities under relevant legislation to ensure implementation of this policy.
Risk assessments will be undertaken and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure the identification of all significant hazards and corrective action required to reduce the risk to an acceptable level, and sufficient resources will be provided to meet the requirements of Health and Safety legislation.
Our general intentions are:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks to employees and others arising from our work activities
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- To provide and maintain safe premises, plant and work equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances
- To provide adequate infomation, instructions, training and or supervision for employees
- To conduct regular safety audits to measure performance and to identify areas for improvement
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- Review and revise this policy at regular intervals